Sunday, January 13, 2008

Katrina,Hydrangea,


This photograph was taken in my yard and is very special to me. After Katrina destroyed our homes and our way of life on the Mississippi Coast, a dear sweet lady in South Carolina kinda adopted me. She has a wonderful heart and a love of flowers so she purchased two of these and sent one to me and kept one for herself. She said the when they bloomed we would always know that someone was thinking of us. One morning I opened the door to my FEMA trailer not knowing if I could put one foot in front of the other, the first thing I saw was all these soft blue flowers of the Hydrangea. It was as if this beautiful plant was saying good morning and I knew that I could carry on with the daily rebuilding task because not only was she thinking of me but a whole world was out there thinking of us. This wonderful plant continues to bloom all year but this year its blooms were a very different color. It is now red
You can order prints or cards at TriciaKay.etsy.com

No comments: