Monday, January 14, 2008

Exploring the Natchez Trace


At thanksgiving we decided to take a trip on the Natchez Trace. We did not just ride on the trace road we explored the Trace. We drove to Jackson, Mississippi to begin our journey. I know the Trace begins in Natchez but we had already done that part in the spring. The weather was perfect. The leaves were perfect and the travel companions were perfect. Do I sound like an advertisement. Its just as a photographer you seldom get all of the elements to work together so well. I was determined to stop at every site so we averaged about 50 miles a day of travel but I took approximately 200 pictures a day. The first photograph to the right is in the parking lot of the welcome center. As you can see the trace was already putting on its fall finery. We were afraid that we had missed the colors this year but I guss the drought and heat had slowed Mother Nature down just a little. Nest stop is just a few miles down the road.

No comments: