Monday, September 15, 2008




How Many Colors Can You Count

This photo of Mother Nature showing off new fall color line reminds me of my elementry school teacher showing us a picture and asking How many colors can you find. Of course in this picture there is no answer because the shades change constantly
When I was in elementary school I had a teacher that would show us a picture and ask how many colors can you count. Well she of course wanted the basic colors but when I look at a picture scene like this I see plenty of greens and reds and browns and yellows so many in fact that there is no way that I can count them unless of course I take a picture and let the computer do that for me. According to my computer the number of colors is 517,550 but then whose counting. While I did not know to appreciate her then. I really appreciate her now. She gave me the ability to see, really see, but the sad part is I am not sure she even knew that she did. But that's Education for you, we all take what we need when we need it. Thank you to all of my teachers.

This photograph was taken on the Natchez Trace in the fall of 2007

No comments: