Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Centennial Bridge




My work days are any where from 10 to 14 hours long so I either grab a shot along the way or find them on the way to a hotel or restaurant. I don't get to do a lot of planing so most of my shots are just a matter of being there at the right time. Choosing the right scene and shoot. I have stayed in so many hotels that I just cant stand to go in till dark. So my camera has become my trusty side kick and traveling partner. Anyway I happened onto this Great little town of . The town and surrounding area is full of of covered bridges. In fact it is known as the Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon.

The Centennial Bridge was built in 1987 with timbers recycled from the Burnbaugh Bridge and the Meadows Bridges that were being dismantled. It is 14 feet from the peak of the roof to the ground and it is 10 feet wide. The Centennial bridge was built priamarily by volunteers to honor the 100th birthday of Cottage Grove It is a pedestrian and bicycle bridge with beautiful landscaping on both sides of the bridge.
If you get a chance to go to Cottage Grove makes sure you check out all the bridges. They are a wonderful way to slow down and relax. You will probably come away amazed at the quality of the workmanship since the bridges were built by hand and out of natural materials. I sure left with a better appreciation for the people that built them. I can understand why those folks that have these bridges love them.


The centennial bridge is located at the corner of Main Street and River Road


There are greeting cards and prints available at TriciaKay.etsy.com


No comments: